1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

From the desk of Veps, Tales of little length and sense.

Discussion in 'User Projects' started by Vepariga, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Vepariga

Vepariga Part of the scenery

This thread is gonna be a area for short stories written by me, most likely poorly and ideas will be of varied topics.

anyway, surely one will be good.
    Prease enjoy a step into the dark recesses of my brain tubes...

The Black Gaze

"Christ" spitting alittle blood into the sink as I finished brushing my teeth. I look at the bristles and they are frayed like old wire. "no wonder" I thought to myself as I dried my mouth and went to my room, ready for bed.

I hit the matress with a thud and got into a my usual position, but something caught me. Something just didnt feel, well, usual. I turned back from the wall and was met with a shadow. I froze and slapped my lamp light, as it fell to the ground the light turned on and I could see it, fucking alien...right here in my room. Mind racing I started to feel my body lock itself, The alien just standing there staring at me with these black eyes. "You..." I started to sob through fear "you wont take me" I fell back on to the bed and struggled to breathe.

The alien, still standing there in the corner of my room. I eventually calmed and focused, the alien still didnt move. it was a fusion inflatable! I felt so stupid I swore at myself as I laughed and wiped the sweat from my oily face. "fucking hell" I pulled my curtain up to get some fresh air and was met face to face with those black eyes, it was here.

ayyshh

• Like Like x 2
  2. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

3. Vepariga

LAST H/ZONE

"This rain hasn't let up for three days now" Ral said into his comms gruffly. exhausted from the fighting. The old cities now steaming foggy ruins plagued with conflict and endless acid rain. "It's only a shower Ral, wait till you've experienced a level 5...I've seen civilians risk the run to shelter and get stripped to the bone from the heavy fall." "Jesus christ" Ral softly mumbles " Lets say we push on Fie" " Sounds good, you're on point" Fie answers back ready to go. Ral flicks the switches and starts up the battle suit, The mech backfires a huge plume of black smoke as it stands up, the acid rain making steam fall spray off its thick armour.

The suit takes a step towards the closest building as Fie in a HAW tracked walking tank covers the rear. In urban combat, having one of them covering your mech is a angel in disguise. Fie calls out " I cant see much from the acid steam" "Yeah, its goi...shit!" A railgun shot just misses Rals mech as it grazes the angled frontal plate and hits a wall behind him spraying concrete and dirt everywhere. "You good?! Report!" Fie sharply calls,concerned. "y-yeah yeah Fie Im good, bit shaken, My tracer has tracked the shot sending you position now" Ral studders back as he rubs his eye, a relieved Fie sits back "Copy that, I'll net him."

Fie punches in the coordinates from the rail shot of the enemy suit in her display and maps a small target area around it. " Firing " The HAW Tank locks its feet into place as it fires two N.E.T rockets into the air. The rockets go high before coming back down toward the target, splitting off into drone HE ordnance. The drones fall like daggers into the mapped area and link together with a high powered laser chain that cuts through soft metals and envelopes enemy armour. The net falls over the suit and drone spikes hit every angle of the opposing mecha as it detonates a crisp bluish purple explosion that briefly clears the acid mist with the shockwave.

"Nice work Fie"
    " Another day another dollar"

• Like Like x 4
  4. ShadowPred

aidlol where the fuck you been hiding all these?

5. Vepariga

Mostly ideas that I've been thinking about or something that just came to me. I just write them up here and a brief edit and smash that reply button zlol aidlol

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Punished Krak: A Man Denied His Memes

Punished Krak: A Man Denied His Memes Local Illuminati

draw some shit for that second story veps nicsrs

• Thirst Thirst x 1
  7. Vepariga

Perhaps krak shia2beornot2be

Apt.003

No one has seen the person living in apartment 3, but every morning the front door is surrounded by empty bottles. Most of the residence of the apartment building avoid it or ignore it completely.

Except for one person, who looks out their window from the opposite complex to that room. Hoping to catch who ever it is that places the bottles. One night they got lucky and saw the door to apartment 003 open to total darkness, not even an inside light was on. The person moved closer to their window as they stared intently on the opened door to the room.

From the light of the moon they noticed a spindly arm of some kind reach out from the dark and place a bottle on the doorstep. It didnt look human, more insect than anything. Shaken the person stumbled back from their window and raced down their stairs to confront the creature.

The person, weather it was bravery or acting on adrenaline fueled fear, kicked the door and shone a flashlight directly into the room. What stood before them was a pulsating mass of long clawed legs and almost grub like body, a head peered down towards them looking like a centipede. The person gasped and fell to their knees before being snatched by the mandibles of this thing.

All I can say for myself is that whatever this is, it pays its rent and that's all the business I need.​

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  8. ShadowPred

2beornot2be hmmm, I like this one enough that I believe you should expand on it for like a 10 to 20 page short.

• Like Like x 1
  9. blacklabel

blacklabel Part of the scenery

"it pays the rent".

zlol

These are fun, veps!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. blacklabel

This got me feeling that the ultimate VEPS project would be a horror spoopy story with mech warfare in the mix.
    2beornot2be:thinking:aidlol

• Like Like x 3
  11. Vepariga

Interesting Blabel...kinda gave me an idea for this one..

Internal Memories

"Are you the RECOM-Tech tonight?" the leading hand on crew called out "Yes sir, I am" answered RECOM-Technician Sela as he raised his tool bag slightly.
    "Oh good we got a fresh one from Workshop 09 to reformat and reconfigure. Gonna be a long night." the leading hand replied. "Whats the condition?" Sela asked, "Still a few scorching stains on the interior but otherwise the workshop boys did a good job bringing it back to service. Poor guy before hand was hit with a F.R67 heat round dead center, burnt the whole cockpit out' he said as he scratched his chin. "I don't envy those workshop guys having to clean out all those damaged battlesuits that come in" Sela muttered as he climbed the ladder to the repaired Ue-085 Battlesuit and jumped into the cockpit, his eyes taking note of the blackened heat damage on the metal work.

Sela started re-configuring, inserting software and updating systems as per protocol. Flicking through various manuals as he waited inbetween load times. "Recom! give us a signal when you are ready to test internal comms when you're ready" leading hand called out, Sela gave him a thumbs up through the view-port. He checked his watch and pinched the bridge of his nose, just past 1am, the LH wasn't joking when he said it'll be a long night.The main control system lit up operational as Sela ejected the disk and put it in his bag "Alright LH all green for comms check" Sela said as he plugged the cockpit headset in.
    "Copy that Recom, can you hear me now?"
    "Loud and clear LH, cycling channels now"
    "Test, test"
    "Copy that clear on all channels LH"
    It was then Sela heard it, a faint voice in the headset "..oh god.." Sela pressed the right side of the headset to his ear. "..oh god..no..OHGOD!" the voice grew louder before growing into a terrible painful screaming that sent Sela throwing the headset into the cockpit screen completely shaken. The cockpit fire alert system lights flickered wildly bathing Sela in a red glow, still hearing an endless cry out of the headset now dangling from its attached cord. Sela scrambled himself out of the battlesuit and down the ladder,falling as he climbed down. His eyes wide with shock, the leading hand raced over to him and helped Sela to his feet. "What man? what is it? what happened?" Sela grabbed him "You didnt...you didnt hear it?! the screaming" The leading hand shook his head "I dont know what your saying, I didnt hear anything, just you throwing the headset and jumping down here."

They both walked away to get a breather as Sela looked back to the Battlesuit standing there in the dim light of the hanger bay. As he did he saw a brief flash of a distressed mans face in the cockpit window, lit red by the fading lights before returning to darkness.​

• Like Like x 3
  12. blacklabel

Gud. I'd advise you to work on some characters with depth and an arc and a theme. Take what you've learned and do an outline for an 8/10 page story. Time for you to move from micro fic into short stories, dont you think?
    kub1

• Like Like x 2
  13. ShadowPred

Another good one, Veps. Keep 'em coming and then on to writing that book of short stories kub1

• Like Like x 1
  14. blacklabel

story idea - haunted mecha that possesses pilots and goes on a rampage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vepariga

Move into 10-20 page shorts... aidlol hmm

I could. 2beornot2be

But I'll keep writing some minifics here to narrow down my writing chops and get into the groove. nicsrs

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vepariga

Gods among men

"SONOVABITCH!" bellowed SMELTEX as he rockets skyward with a mighty stomp of his muscular legs towards RATGUY with an aimed fist. RATGUY laughs crossarmed as SMELTEX speeds to his face and swings, RATGUY catches the blow as wind rushes by them.
    "BRAVE BUT FOOLISH" RATGUY yells as he swings SMELTEX by the arm into a building in the city below.

SMELTEX smashes through and lands in a cubicle office room as he gains his footing RATGUY plunges from the roof with both feet catching SMETLEX. Taking both on an express drop to the building lobby room as dust and concrete spray up from the impact.

"Now.." RATGUY picks SMETLEX up by the neck "..you DIE" as RATGUY starts to put the squeeze on SMELTEXS throat.

"ALRIGHT YOU TWO, THATS ENOUGH"

RATGUY sharp turns to see a man in a busniess suit standing before him brushing dust off his shoulder. RATGUY starts to laugh before the suit smirks and tears into a hulking mass of throbbing muscle!
    "NO...MOLLOSSK!...IT CANT BE!" RATGUY feels fear as he drops SMELTEX.

THE MOLLOSSK RETURNS.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  17. blacklabel

the saga begins?

18. Vepariga

We'll see caplol

19. ShadowPred