1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

General movie news

Discussion in 'Behind the Scenes' started by Alex_Murphy, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Spoopy Spoopy x 1
  2. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

I might be putting two and two together here and coming up with 5 but

and

RIDLEY SCOTT EYES UP ANDALUCIA AS SET FOR FIRST WESTERN FILM
    Dramatic vistas in the sierras de Ronda, Cadiz and Almeria are all being eyed up by the famed director, who has just visited the region

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...s-up-andalucia-as-set-for-first-western-film/

Finally ridley might make that western he's been promising to make for years cry1

Knowing my luck though all of this is just coincidence and he's making that shit wizard film hipsterariel

• Thirst Thirst x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. tbeasley

tbeasley Part of the scenery

Or the Alien Covenant sequel is taking a bold turn.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

Time travel ayyshh

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. blacklabel

blacklabel Part of the scenery

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

what i want to know is when is spielberg going to get round to making his ultimate passion project, the jimmy saville biopic?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Gaspar Noé Explains His Hatred for ‘Black Panther’: ‘I Had to Escape the Cinema After 20 Minutes’
    In an interview with Variety, Noé also championed full frontal male nudity and criticized the press for making a big deal about seeing male genitalia on screen.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/gaspar-noe-hated-black-panther-walked-out-1201965879/

“I tried ‘Black Panther.’ I escaped from the cinema after 20 minutes,” Noé said. “I thought it was as bad as ‘Star Wars.’ I hated ‘Star Wars.’ I hated the R&B music [in “Black Panther”]. The music was so bad that I had to escape.

Noé also spoke to Variety about full frontal nudity. He criticized the American press for constantly asking him about all of the penises in his last film, the erotic 3D drama “Love.” Noé said the penis is “a nice part of the body, like my hand, like my nose,” and it deserves to be seen more without fanfare or headlines being written about it.

“Even good film critics were asking me, ‘Why did you need to show a penis in your movie? Why do you need to show the face of the devil?'”

• Spoopy Spoopy x 1
  8. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

It's good to see cage being appreciated again

Nicolas Cage’s Next Act: By Embracing His Wild Side, He’s Become a Risk-Taking Powerhouse
    The actor didn't walk the red carpet at Cannes, but he was setting up work left and right. What accounts for his current ubiquity?

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/nicolas-cage-movie-star-vod-mandy-cannes-1201967840/

some interesting quotes from the article

"To some extent, Cage’s talent requires the right vessel. As the vengeful centerpiece of “Mandy,” director Panos Cosmatos’ expressionistic Sundance midnight sensation, the actor unleashes his penchant for excess, guzzling vodka as his character mourns his murdered wife in one scene and later skull-fucking a villain to death as he proclaims, “I am your god now!”

"Audiences at a Cannes market screening were at once baffled and energized minutes into “Between Worlds,” when Cage surfaces covered in a thick beard and unkempt, overgrown hair to rescue a woman being choked in a gas station bathroom. Knocking her assailant to the floor, he bellows, “We don’t treat women like that in the South!” The crowd went wild, transforming a seemingly bizarre moment into the makings of a new cult classic."

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. LRSVDR

LRSVDR Part of the scenery

• Spoopy Spoopy x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  10. tbeasley

tbeasley Part of the scenery

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. orchidal

orchidal Guest

Looking forward to this General Movie finally releasing

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Probably about as much chance of that happening then us getting a trailer of nic cage's mandy movie hipsterariel

• Empathy Empathy x 2
  13. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

this interests me 2beornot2be

Scott Free In The Ring With Jack Johnson Film ‘The Big Blow’; Reinaldo Marcus Green To Direct Oren Moverman Script

https://deadline.com/2018/05/jack-j...reen-oren-moverman-giannina-scott-1202401310/

EXCLUSIVE: Jack Johnson, the first black heavyweight boxing champion who recently was pardoned by President Donald Trump from his conviction for violating the Mann Act in 1910 at the height of the Jim Crow era, has suddenly become a prized film property. Reinaldo Marcus Green, who wrote and directed the Sundance film Monsters and Men, will helm The Big Blow, which Oren Moverman adapted from a Joe Landsdale novella that is inspired by Johnson’s own story.

14. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Cringe Cringe x 2
  17. Vickers

Vickers Part of the scenery

ysosrslol

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Terry Gilliam Says Superheroes Are “Bullshit”

https://theplaylist.net/terry-gilliam-metoo-superheroes-20180606/

"When asked how he feels ‘Don Quixote’ will fit in a world dominated by superhero films, Gilliam doesn’t hold back:

“I hate superheroes. It’s bullshit. Come on, grow up! We’re not going to be teenagers for the rest of our lives."

• Salt Salt x 1
  19. Eva

Eva Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

Something like 67 super hero movies have probably been produced and released, in the time it took Terry Gilliam to get his cursed Don Quixote film made.
    hestlol

20. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest