1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Global AvP

Discussion in 'User Projects' started by DarkStarApollo, Feb 1, 2018.

1. DarkStarApollo

DarkStarApollo Member

Since my friend decided that the site should shut down, I wanted to share with you what used to be my project for over 2 years now.

Global Aliens vs. Predator was supposed to be a fan website catered to publishing fan created content for Aliens vs. Predator. We started the project back in 2015 and had some incremental success over the years. I started it when I was working a desk job and it eventually started to take form after I came back from a hiatus. On my second run, I started looking for a staff and inevitably got some people together and we tried to pump out content. Then I started a full time course load at Uni and it lead to me taking another break in which on my third comeback I put another admin (the partner I was referring to) in charge. With an extra helping hand we managed to accelerate updates and social media posts until I was off back to school and can only contribute here and there. The site had gone through some bad politics though which lead to an incident which was detrimental to its reputation thus risking traffic and ultimately making the whole thing redundant from there on.

The site was meant to look like a successor to Planet AvP which was an old site under the Gamespy network between 1999 to 2010.

www.globalavp.com

sad but I guess it's for the best.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. Lucy The Alien

Lucy The Alien Part of the scenery

Migrate I guess, I was a member but I never found it terribly active.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DarkStarApollo

DarkStarApollo Member

I like it here, very friendly community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. orchidal

orchidal Part of the scenery Bully

Let us partake in ur hamburger

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DarkStarApollo

DarkStarApollo Member

...What if it is Satanic? alexjoneswow

If you don't get the reference

• Funny Funny x 2