1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Halo

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Crazy Rich, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

Talk about all things Halo here, including the upcoming Halo 5 Guardians coming to Xbox One October 27, 2015.

Peace is shattered when colony worlds are unexpectedly attacked. And when humanity's greatest hero goes missing, Spartan Locke is tasked with hunting the Master Chief and solving a mystery that threatens the entire galaxy.

• Spoopy Spoopy x 2
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

Pre-ordered Halo 5 today. Just the game itself with the Amazon pre-order bonus that gets me the Projection SMG with Long Barrel.

Now the wait.

3. Lucy The Alien

Lucy The Alien Part of the scenery Salt Lord

Here's hoping it's fantastic.

4. Lucy The Alien

Lucy The Alien Part of the scenery Salt Lord

5. Shasvre

Shasvre Part of the scenery

So, there's no split-screen multiplayer in Halo 5. feelsbadman

6. Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper Space Patrol Staff Member Cyberfunk

HALO WARS 2 ANNOUNCED FOR X1 AND PC!
    DEVELOPED BY 343i AND CREATIVE ASSEMBLY
    OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

7. Space Sweeper

• Spoopy Spoopy x 2
  8. huol

huol III

ew gross DansGame

9. huol

huol III

oh wait its on pc almightloaflol

10. huol

huol III

but still it depends what CA team this is DansGame

11. Space Sweeper

the point is
    if it's going through 343i, it's not going to be a launch mess like Rome II

12. huol

huol III

13. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

Total War: Rome II hestlol

14. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

Holy shit yes!!!

I need to get an XBone...

15. Shasvre

Awesome. Does this take place after Halo 3?

16. Space Sweeper

Not entirely sure, though I'm assuming it doesn't, seeing as the Brutes seem to be a prevalent threat here, and without the Prophets and the Covenant, they quickly disbanded. Those Spartans are definitely Spirit of Fire though, and the ship's recovery hasn't been officially documented yet, so it can really be at just about any time; not sure what's going on with the Brutes now.

17. Shasvre

I was wondering since the Brute in the video called the Spartans "demons".

• Spoopy Spoopy x 2
  18. Space Sweeper

Ah, that's right...! 'Little demons' would imply he's essentially calling them lesser versions of the Chief, and seeing as Installation 04's destruction gained him that title, it can be any time after that. Good timeline note.

19. Space Sweeper

Also, Halo 5 is the first Halo game since the original Halo Wars to be rated T (Teen) by the ESRB, and honestly, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner with the series. There was a huge weaponry violence scare around 9/11, so I can kind of see why they bumped it to an M rating, but after that, I have no idea how Halo 2, 3, ODST, Reach, and 4 received those. Not a single fuck-bomb, no explicit nudity, just regular sci-fi violence and PG-13 level language.

• Spoopy Spoopy x 4
  20. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

Huh, had no clue about Halo 5: Guardians being rated Teen. Completely get it, though. I always assumed that the Flood were the reason that 2 and 3 were still rated M, and that ODST got stuck being M because it is technically an expansion to 3. Always thought that the games were very much T games though, and that Reach and 4 certainly should have gotten a T rating. I'm glad its finally happening.

Anyways, I'm feeling so excited for Wars 2. Based on the "demons" remark I do agree that this will probably take place at some point after Combat Evolved, and if I had to guess it would probably be some point close in the timeline to Halo 5: Guardians, if only because I'm assuming 343i is going to want to catch all of the lingering storylines up to one another to put everything on the same playing field and allow for future crossover. I hope we get some "period" Halo games at some point in the future, but I'm perfectly fine with a "modern" Halo Wars 2. Pretty sure they teased the current timeline setting when they featured the derelict Spirit of Fire floating through space briefly in the recent comic as well.

The comic also teased this, which may or may not be relevant in Halo Wars 2:

[​IMG]

I'm assuming that that is going to be incredibly relevant. From my understanding this comic is very recent, within the last year or so, so Halo Wars 2 was probably well underway when it was written.

I'm just glad we're finally going to get to follow up on this story and these characters. Halo Wars' narrative may have been a little thin, but I enjoyed the characters and the story and can't wait to see what comes next. And for a console RTS the gameplay was fantastic, so I look forward to seeing how they innovate that with more time and resources on their hands; I know this is coming out on Windows 10 as well, which is cool, but the odds of me getting a gaming PC are even less likely than me getting an X-Box One (which I will probably cave and do before the year ends), so I'm definitely going to go for the X-Box version of Wars 2. Which is fine by me, with the first one doing everything it can to innovate the console RTS. I want to see the next evolution of that. Halo's home is always going to be on the X-Box to me.

• Spoopy Spoopy x 2