1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

James Bond - General

Discussion in 'Blockbuster Cinema' started by huol, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Shasvre

Shasvre Part of the scenery

Firsty, have you seen this?

[​IMG]

• Spoopy Spoopy x 2
  3. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

I have not, you?

4. Shasvre

Shasvre Part of the scenery

Not yet. Only seen the original film once, so I will check that out again before I watch this.

5. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

this actually looks like it could be better than 90% of all the bond movies

6. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Cringe Cringe x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

The books have always been like that.

8. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

9. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

10. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

sean connery co-wrote a bond film that was never made
    The original 007 co-wrote a caper about nuclear bomb-carrying sharks. It was called Warhead

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180703-sean-connery-co-wrote-a-bond-film-that-was-never-made

James Bond has done some memorable things in his time, from dodging laser blasts on a space station to driving an invisible car across a glacier. One thing he hasn’t done, however, is deactivate a robot shark which is carrying an atom bomb through a Manhattan sewer. But he very nearly did. In 1976, a Bond screenplay revolved around a shoal of remote-controlled, nuclear-weaponised robo-sharks. Its title was Warhead. And one of its three screenwriters was none other than the original big-screen 007, Sean Connery.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

12. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

13. Eva

Eva Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

If they cast this guy, they would have to re-name James Bond into Smugface Fancypants.

He's fine in Outlander, but he's not film star quality.

After just watching Henry Cavill kick ass in MI Fallout, he seems like such a natural choice for a cynical Bond (with a massive physical stature), but I don't know. I wouldn't want Cavill, unless the producers keep the qualities he showcased in Fallout for his interpretation of Bond. I do not want his Clark Kent impression anywhere near Bond.

*and he needs to keep the moustache, obviously.
    bitchf5

• Spoopy Spoopy x 2
  14. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

I've not seen man of steel so i can't really comment on his leading man credentials, he's supposed to be quite suave in man from uncle but i find him quite wooden from what i've seen. Looks wise he's probably more the typical bond though. I haven't seen fallout yet but i have seen the fight scene he has in the toilet with tom cruise and i wasn't that impressed. He looked slow and his punches A) Telegraphed and B) Thrown without any weight or leverage, he was just swinging his arms around, it looked piss poor so somebody actually needs to show him how to throw a decent punch because it hurt my eyes watching it. I agree with you on the moustache though.

15. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

16. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

17. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Aw, I wanted Cavill.

18. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Just looked up both cavills and elba's age, idris is 46 this year and cavill has just turned 35. Next bond won't be out until 2019 and with a 3 year gap between films that puts the next ones release date at 2022, by that time elba will be 50 and cavill will be close to 40, so both might be too old for it in my opinion.

They should go younger, connery was only 32 when he first played bond, somebody around that age range would be good. Looking at how daniel craig looks like he should be in a retirement home now should be a wake up call to the producers that casting younger actors would be the better way to go, problem is is there anybody from the younger generation that would be suitable to play him.

19. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter