1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Neo REC board' started by BANE, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Stanley Kuteprik

Stanley Kuteprik I actually do like Star Wars ULTRA BULLY 9000x

frankly I'm surprised that shit even has a Blu-ray zlol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Kimarhi

Kimarhi Part of the scenery

y u scairt

3. Mikasa

Mikasa Part of the scenery Suicide Squad 11 year old

Mirai
    Starts off well but quickly becomes repetitive, final act wraps it up well - 6/10

Destroyer
    It's good, I guess. Before the film Karyn Kusama and Nicole Kidman talked about how exciting it is to see "female rage" on screen, when really it's just Nicole Kidman with a husky voice hobbling around and punching people in a wig and terrible makeup. Nothing really stands out in this movie but it's not bad. 6 or 6.5/10

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. danklos

danklos Part of the scenery Furry

Shin Godzilla (2016)

The master once again shows how it's done.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Kimarhi

sounds like a must see

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Mikasa

Suspiria
    I liked it overall but all this film really does is intellectualize the original - it's set in 1970s Berlin (for some reason???) and one character's development revolves almost completely around the political backdrop. It does a good job of making dance look terrifying (there's a brutal scene around the beginning and the choreography is great) and the performances are good, if not a little subdued. It's frustrating to watch sometimes: there are some great scenes in this film, but then there are unnecessary ones full of exposition that take away from the atmosphere of mystery.
    Also the final act is just.... ¿Qué?
    A few people were laughing and most people were looking around at each other like
    bitch what
    [​IMG]

Despite all that I enjoyed it, and I can sort of understand why it's dividing people. Those one star reviews can fuck off though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thirst Thirst x 1
  7. Punished Krak: A Man Denied His Memes

Punished Krak: A Man Denied His Memes Local Illuminati

Detroit Rock City

Rosemary's Baby

Hail Satan!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

The Howling (1981)

Werewolf sex by the fire during a full moon.

9. Mikasa

In Fabric
    sculdatass
    Only Peter Strickland can make a movie about a killer dress this good. Hands down my favourite film of LFF so far, considering there's only 2 films left to see this is likely to stay at the top. The humour and sense of dread blend together really well and it does a good job of making you care about the characters.
    In the Q&A the composer went around giving a vinyl copy of the soundtrack to people who asked questions and there's only 300 in the world

Guess who got one h3h3pepe

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thirst Thirst x 1
  10. Punished Krak: A Man Denied His Memes

Punished Krak: A Man Denied His Memes Local Illuminati

Idle Hands

Friday the 13th Part 2

NO FUCKING ALLOWED !!!!!!!!!!!

11. Stanley Kuteprik

Stanley Kuteprik I actually do like Star Wars ULTRA BULLY 9000x

tilda1

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kimarhi

i remember this movie featuring stan from eminem

13. Vepariga

Vepariga Part of the scenery

Night of the Living Dead

The girl was right to just leave the house instead of staying. Its alwa...actually no its not surprising that red necks are generally the survivors. making big raiding camps burning mounds of undead.

14. Mikasa

The Sisters Brothers
    I was hyped for this but I'm ultimately disappointed - I was preparing myself for it to be bad but it's just "meh" which is even worse because it's pretty forgettable. It's got a good cast and a decent story but somehow it can't manage to make itself engaging throughout its runtime. I liked the final act, but it wasn't enough to compensate for the rest of the movie.
    John C Reilly introduced the film though so that was cool

One more film to go: Stan and Ollie - John C Reilly double bill kub1

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  15. tbeasley

tbeasley Part of the scenery

Halloween (2018)
    Pleasantly surprised/ 10

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Halloween (2018)

Worth the 40 year wait. This is the best sequel this franchise has had in years. Jaime Lee Curtis kills it as Laurie. A 59 year old, flannel shirt wearing, badass. Much like Sarah Conner, she goes from victim, to survivor, to hardened warrior. And to hear Carpenter's touch on the soundtrack? Simply delightful. Surprisingly its a well shot film. You can see the love that was poured into this thing.

Halloween '18 is like visiting an old friend you haven't seen in a long time. Except that friend is a knife wielding psychopath in a William Shatner mask.

9/10

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  17. Vepariga

Vepariga Part of the scenery

Dead Silence

You know..the premise wasnt bad, story was fine but they ballsed up the end hard. All the fast cuts then the 2000 era tier ending. Soured the whole thing. SAD

18. blacklabel

blacklabel Part of the scenery

F for Fake

11/10

"fiction is a lie that tells the truth"

Someone's version of the truth, at least.

I still have (stowed away somewhere) the idea for a documentary on the Alien films that then goes "fictional" in its 3rd act.
    Watching this made me wish i could make that idea real. (I'd need Ridley Scott to straight up lie on camera and confess something terrible.... He'd call Giger a liar, who based his paintings on real extradimensional creatures that sometime appear in a reclusive occultist's large estate, somewhere in Austria... It would culminate in a visit to said estate.)
    zlol

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Fun, silly, and not quite as good as the first one. The villains were lacking.

Pet Semetary (1989)

Sometimes dead is betta'...

20. Vickers

Vickers Part of the scenery

A Star Is Born (2018)

Immensely overrated.

The acting bar must be really low for Lady Gaga... I don't see what is so brilliant about her performance. She remembers her lines, I'll give her that. But I was never invested. She's not reading from a teleprompter, she's not wearing anything high fashion and she appears with her naturally dark hair... so "Go Gaga?". I wonder if reviews would be glowing if she wasn't as popular and influential as she is. The hyperbole is real with this performance. As for her singing, she's great... obviously.

Bradley Cooper on the other hand impressed me with his performance and singing voice but in scenes with Gaga there is zero chemistry.

The plot had less to do with a star being born and more to do with a star fading. It was all about Cooper's character.

The film will get in at the Oscars. Let's not kid ourselves, the film was made because all the other A Star Is Born films managed to land noms. It's winning Oscar-bait formula that only needs minor tweaks and updates. Cooper - who also directed, produced and contributed to the screenplay - was clever to bank on Gaga while she's still big.

La La Land is looking a lot better to me now. I think I need to give it another chance. :thinking: