1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Political Discourse

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Neo REC board' started by Space Sweeper, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

I don't know if that would work over here, from what i know the scandinavian countries are more social democrats, you've equalised a lot of stuff out there, it's probably why you keep topping all those happiness charts, although sweden apparently is in a bad way at the moment if the whole far right party gaining popularity stuff is true. Over here we have a huge divide between people and their social status hence why everything is so tribal, you'd need a real overhaul that would take decades.

2. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

I'll add brexit is also going to make us less well off as a nation which will make things even harder bugs.jpg

3. Eva

Eva Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

That's exactly the Catch 22 of living in - effectively a two-party political system; as soon as the party that sits on the majority of votes wins the power to form a government, that party instantaneously loses all motivation to change the system that brought them to power. And as nothing can get passed in the parliament without their consent (they have the majority), nothing changes. Repeat...

If the voters want fundamental change, they themselves are required to make it a reality.

4. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

But then you have the flip side, just look at brexit, at the moment you have 4 main parties in the commons all of which have different views on what the final deal of leaving the EU should be. Whatever deal makes it's way to parliament will be voted down, so you have stalemate because you have no majority government and no chance of cross party co-operation because their views are so diametrically opposed.

Now we have hundreds of parties over here, but with FPP and with tribal voting you are not going to get many coalitions and when you do they are a complete cluster fuck, you can see from watching how the liberals got very few of their policies through and were then wiped out at the next election by a voter base that felt they had been betrayed by them that unless there is a cultural change it's never going to work. We all need to get on the same train of where and what we want the UK to be, until that happens and the parties put their differences aside then that's not going to happen.

We could go proportional representation where you would have more parties winning seats, but you'd also get more stalemates and seeing how the brexit deal is going at the moment i don't personally think that would be a good idea.

Maybe the problem over here is the politics is so diverse.

To be fair to corbyn though he is talking about wanting a fairer society, it's just a shame he's a weak anti-semite who likes to affiliate with terrorists, so i couldn't vote for him if i wanted to, i should imagine others feel the same.

5. orchidal

orchidal Guest

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Stanley Kuteprik

Stanley Kuteprik I actually do like Star Wars ULTRA BULLY 9000x

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Revealed: detail of exclusive Russian deal offered to Arron Banks in Brexit run-up
    Leaked document lays out for first time deal proposed to Leave.EU backer, sparking new questions over Moscow’s role

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-deal-offered-to-arron-banks-in-brexit-run-up

"The full details of Russia’s gold deal offer to Arron Banks ahead of the EU referendum are revealed in a leaked document which mentions exclusive “opportunities not available to others” and support from a Kremlin bank.

A seven-slide presentation, seen for the first time, shows how Banks – the main donor behind Leave.EU – was offered the chance of making potentially enormous profits in a deal featuring a Russian gold company.

The offer was made through Alexander Yakovenko, Russia’s ambassador in London. Some MPs have said it raises new questions about Moscow’s role in Brexit, and whether the Kremlin sought to enrich leading Brexit campaigners in the run-up to the 2016 referendum via a series of covert business deals.

Banks has consistently denied receiving money from Russia, but the source of his wealth has been under scrutiny since he gave £9m to Leave.EU, the largest political donation in British history. Leave.EU is currently appealing against a £70,000 fine by the Electoral Commission in connection with campaign spending offences.

Though Banks consistently downplayed his contacts with senior Russians before and after the referendum, in recent weeks he has been forced to concede there were a number of meetings – including with Alexander Udod, a diplomat later expelled from the UK for suspected spying."

• Empathy Empathy x 1
  8. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. LRSVDR

LRSVDR Part of the scenery

10. blacklabel

blacklabel Part of the scenery

lol. This won't stop Trump.

Trump will only be stopped if there's a tape put out of him saying some racist things about white men.
    zlol

11. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

12. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

The only thing that will stop Trump is the video of the Russian hookers giving him a golden shower.

13. LRSVDR

LRSVDR Part of the scenery

I'm fairly sure that did not happen.
    The bed was the recipient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Empathy Empathy x 1
  14. Mikasa

Mikasa Part of the scenery Suicide Squad 11 year old

• Empathy Empathy x 1
  15. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

[​IMG]