1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Potential Alien Series (rumors)

Discussion in 'Alien and Predator (20th Century Fox)' started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

To be honest with you i'm not a big fan of predator 2 either kimmy and the first film is just alright imo

2. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

True, but the critique is the fact that it's pretentious. If you want to make action movies then fair enough, you don't have to try to be bergman whilst you're doing it though.

3. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

I have the same problem with aliens as well and camerons whole "critique" of vietnam, despite the fact he was never there and doesn't really have an informed opinion, let platoon be platoon and space aliens be space aliens imo.

4. Kimarhi

Kimarhi Part of the scenery

I don't know that Aliens was a critique of Vietnam, or if the idea of superior tech of confident troops not equating to a combat advantage against a tough and determined enemy was just the inspiration.

It really only works at a true allegory if cameron knew there was gonna be an ALIEN 3 where the survivors were all fucked up by the experiences imo. Which we know wasn't the case because in cameron's writing the nuclear family SURVIVES ALL.

Well except terminator 2 I guess. Daggum robbits, always jumping in smelting pits at the first sign of emotional trouble.

5. Kimarhi

At least your consistant. Predators is the Alien Resurrection of the Predator verse.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  6. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Well one of the main reasons aliens works is because despite that being an aspect it's not the overriding theme, there is lots of stuff in there to do with feminism, the nuclear family, evil capitalists etc but ultimately it focuses on a great character, has some cool action sequences and the queen alien reveal is still fantastic, but it's getting the levels right without spilling over into the realms of pretentiousness. Blompkamp on the other hand cannot approach camerons levels of direction when it comes to orchestrating action sequences or creating tension and with him i think he puts the message before the movie.

7. Kimarhi

In the case with Elysium to be sure.

8. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

According to some guy on YouTube with a "reliable source" a streaming service has been found for this.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. blacklabel

blacklabel Part of the scenery

SM says this is bs, as per his own sources.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nightmare Asylum

I trust SM much more than I do this guy.

11. blacklabel

dude is being really salty on avpg about this whole thing.

"i trust my source!" bla bla bla.

12. Kimarhi

Lol sources

Do they establish dead drops and ciphers in Hollywood now

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  13. Nightmare Asylum

Alium the series

Two interwoven timelines

David and his experiments post Ayy Covenant / Ripley 8 and Call searching for Autons and learning more about Call's/androids' past

Play up the connection between the Ayys and any other beasts David makes and Ripley 8. 'dat DNA manipulation. 100% DNA MATCH SUCKAS

Let Ripley 8 and Call's investigations lead them to a secret world where David is still operating and manufacturing phallic space monsters for fun. Maybe Daniels is a Queen Alium breeding factory still pumping out eggs 200+ years later still and David is spewing all kinds of poetry incorrectly at this point

CROSSOVER

$$$$$$$$$$$

14. Nightmare Asylum

Maybe also work in a third timeline/era with a post-Ayy 3 Weyland-Yutani collapsing in on itself as it squanders all of its resources trying to find/replicate sources of the ayy

15. Stanley Kuteprik

Stanley Kuteprik I actually do like Star Wars ULTRA BULLY 9000x

the only way this shit is gonna happen is if Ridley is on board with it
    and right now he is busy prepping Merlin for Disney and his other scifi TV series
    he shitcanned Blomkunt's movie and he would shitcan this too if it displeased him
    Disney wouldnt want to piss him off now that he is in their wheelhouse, and Alien is their property soon

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. blacklabel

Disney doesn't care about directors.
    Why would they talk to Ridley about it? He doesn't own the franchise
    and his last 2 outings hardly rocked the world.
    They're gonna walk all over Ridley's thoughts on this.

Way they see it, Alien will either get sold or it'll be put to work at the soonest chance.

Fat chance that it'll go to Bad Robot to be overseen by JJ Abrams.
    Inb4 Reboot.

Inb4 it gets sold... to SONY.
    The Blumhouse guys really want to have it, btw.

17. blacklabel

Disney - The film company that cares so much about film directors and
    their franchises that they completely ignored George Lucas' plans for the new Star Wars trilogy.

The company that fired James Gunn after he delivered the 2 best films in the marvel flickverse.

The company that cares so much about directorial talent that they hired GUY RITCHIE to do the new Aladdin live action film.

Ridley who?

18. Stanley Kuteprik

Stanley Kuteprik I actually do like Star Wars ULTRA BULLY 9000x

Putting a multi Oscar-nominated, knighted filmmaker who is a household name and probably the top producer in the industry on the same level as George Lucas and James Gunn ("whomst?") zlol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. blacklabel

they.
    don't.
    care.

surejan

20. blacklabel

Bob Iger deferring to Ridley Scott
    surejan

How many billion dollar blockbuster franchises has Ridley been producing and or directing, lately?

lmao