1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

The Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by First Blood, Jul 14, 2015.

1. tbeasley

tbeasley Part of the scenery

He created the greatest superhero, RIP sir.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

RIP Ditko

sadbreen

• Empathy Empathy x 4
  3. Shasvre

Shasvre Part of the scenery

4. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

fanboys never gonna change being shitheels.

5. Shasvre

That guard though.

6. Shasvre

Grant Morrison re-launching Green Lantern.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/419051-comic-con-grant-morrison-to-relaunch-green-lantern-comic

“Instead of the big, epic, 12-part stories, we’re focusing down on the everyday life of a space cop. Basically, it’s no more apocalypse-ending storylines. The basic concept is that (Hal Jordan) is like a space cop that patrols a sector of the universe where anything can happen. We’ve made it more like a police procedural.” “I love this idea that he’s an idiot savant,” Sharp adds. “In a way, he’s a genius. He can just turn up and kind of assess the situation really quickly, and then just smack it with a giant fist, and it’s all fixed.”

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thirst Thirst x 1
  7. huol

huol III

Heres the full pitch. Grant is giving me exactly what I've longed for since those tiny little snippets of Final Crisis, 10 years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Space Sweeper
    you will probably want to read this when its out

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

I am totally for this.

9. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Just finished the massive tome that is the Batman & Robin Omnibus by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason. Wow! This was just beautiful. I've kinda been burnt out by Batman over the last few years or so. But this reinvigorated my interest in the character and the mythology. I love the dynamic between father and son, and by that, the Bat family as a whole too.

10. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Just started Wolverine Goes to Hell by Jason Aaron. It's fucking absurd. I love it.

11. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Just finished this. Utterly bonkers. It made me realize, or rather Jason Aaron's take is that Wolverine/Logan is a scumbag. A disgusting, violent, douche. He has his hero moments, but at his core, he's trash. This book, more portrays him as a villain, instead of a hero. The Red Right Hand arc was a perfect example of that. The villain's motivations were perfectly sound. I could see their side. It made sense.

Also have Batman By Grant Morrison Omnibus coming in the mail. Been almost ten years since I've read those stories.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

Only read thr first few volumes of Aaron's Thor but from what I've heard pretty much everything he's done with the character since getting him in 2013 has been pretty excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Just swung by my local comic book shop and bought two comic books. Something I haven't done in quite a while. The first being Fantastic Four #1 by Dan Slott and Sara Pichelli, and the other being Superman #1 by Brain Michael Bendis and Ivan Reis. Gotta say, it feels good seeing the FF back on the shelves again. Welcome home.

If these are good I am sticking with them. Also can't wait to check out Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison in November!

14. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

How's Slott's Fantastic Four? Heard excellent things about his Silver Surfer run.

15. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Based off one issue so far. It was a lot of fun. I'd love to go into detail about it, but I don't want to give anything away. There's also a backup Dr. Doom story at the end of the book. You should check it out. It's the perfect jumping on point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Finished Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Volume 1 a few days ago. What a masterpiece. I was 16 years old when I first read those stories, and back then I didn't appreciate them nor did I see the nuance in Grant's storytelling. Reading them now, 12 years later they're brilliant. Damian, The Black Glove, Batman of Zur-En-Arrh all deliciously crazy and cooky.

And made yet another trip to my local comic shop and picked up Thor 1-4 by Jason Aaron and Christian Ward. Slowly trying to get back into single issues a few books at a time (Superman, Fantastic Four and now Thor)

• Like Like x 1