1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

The News Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Neo REC board' started by Mikasa, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Military option isn't really an option, russia is controlled by gangsters, sanctions need to be imposed. It's been discussed that if the UK government can find the names of who was behind this attack then they can freeze their assets, russia are not doing great economically, crippling them even more would be the answer.

2. orchidal

orchidal Guest

Relevant:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Russian exile Nikolai Glushkov found dead at his London home

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ikolai-glushkov-found-dead-at-his-london-home

"A Russian exile who was close friends with the late oligarch Boris Berezovsky has been found dead in his London home, according to friends. Nikolai Glushkov was discovered by his family and friends late on Monday night, aged 68. In 1999, as Berezovsky fell out with Vladimir Putin and fled to the UK, Glushkov was charged with money-laundering and fraud. He spent five years in jail and was freed in 2004. In recent years, Glushkov had lived in London, where he received political asylum. In 2011, he gave evidence at the court case brought by Berezovsky against fellow oligarch Roman Abramovich, who remained on good terms with the Kremlin."

Russian spy attack: Hundreds in Salisbury could be poisoned in years to come with 'no cure', says nerve agent developer

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...gei-skripal-infection-risk-year-a8253771.html

One of the Russian chemical weapons scientists who developed the Novichok nerve agent has warned that hundreds of people could be at risk for years following the attack in Salisbury. Vil Mirzayanov, who fled to the US two decades ago, claimed Sergei Skripal and his daughter would not recover from the poisoning. “There is no cure,” he told Sky News from his home in New Jersey. “There are antidotes but…they will be invalid for whole life.”

Dr Mirzayanov said Novichok was so powerful that extremely small doses could remain a danger to public health for years, listing possible symptoms including headaches and loss of coordination. “It’s very bad because even the very small doses, very small, still they are very effective and then there will be consequences for years probably,” he added.

The former Soviet Union scientist said public health advice, including washing clothes and sealing belongings was “not enough” and confirmed that hundreds of people could be at risk. Asked whether he felt guilty for his part in developing Novichok, he added: “I participated in this criminal enterprise, because of that I’m probably the most fiery enemy of these chemical weapons.

“It’s a weapon of mass murder.”

• Empathy Empathy x 2
  4. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Tillerson says U.K. spy poisoning ‘clearly’ came from Russia

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tillerson-says-u-k-spy-poisoning-clearly-came-russia-n856056

In a statement released by the State Department on Monday evening, Tillerson called Russia "an irresponsible force of instability in the world, acting with open disregard for the sovereignty of other states and the life of their citizens."

Trump said he would speak with British Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday about the poisoning.

"As soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be," he said.

Trump fires Tillerson

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/rex-tillerson-secretary-of-state/index.html

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. LRSVDR

LRSVDR Part of the scenery

White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted account of Secretary of State's dismissal
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/whi...account-of-secretary-of-states-dismissal.html

• Cringe Cringe x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. tbeasley

tbeasley Part of the scenery

Gone are
    • Michael Flynn
    • Katie Walsh
    • K.T. McFarland
    • Michael Dubke
    • Sean Spicer
    • Michael Short
    • Tera Dahl
    • Mark Corallo
    • Reince Priebus
    • Anthony Scaramucci
    • Derek Harvey
    • George Sifakis
    • Ezra Cohen-Watnick
    • Carl Icahn
    • Steve Bannon
    • Sebastian Gorka
    • Rich Higgins
    • William Bradford
    • Keith Schiller
    • Tom Price
    • Jamie Johnson
    • John Feeley
    • Rick Dearborn
    • Jeremy Katz
    • Carl Higbie
    • Dina Powell
    • Omarosa Newman
    • Taylor Weyeneth
    • Rob Porter
    • David Sorensen
    • Brenda Fitzgerald
    • Rachel Brand
    • Hope Hicks
    • Josh Raffel
    • Gary Cohn
    • John McEntee
    • Rex Tillerson
    "I'll choose the best people for my administration."

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. Shasvre

Shasvre Part of the scenery

John McEntee was so bad he got fired twice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. tbeasley

9. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Empathy Empathy x 1
  10. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

11. Lucy The Alien

Lucy The Alien Part of the scenery Salt Lord

As if these past couple of years could get any worse.

12. Vepariga

Vepariga Part of the scenery

13. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

almightloaflol

• Cringe Cringe x 1
  15. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

16. tbeasley

Alex Jones is a menace to society. I’m suing him.

• Empathy Empathy x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Trump says he made up trade claims in meeting with Trudeau

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/15/politics/trump-trudeau-trade-meeting/index.html

President Donald Trump boasted at a private fundraiser Wednesday of making up trade claims during a meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

"Trudeau came to see me. He's a good guy, Justin. He said, 'No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,'" Trump said during a speech to donors in Missouri, according to audio obtained by The Washington Post and confirmed to CNN by an attendee. "Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in — 'Donald, we have no trade deficit.' He's very proud because everybody else, you know, we're getting killed." He continued: "I said, 'Wrong, Justin, you do.' I didn't even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, 'You're wrong,'" Trump recalled. "You know why? Because we're so stupid. ... And I thought they were smart. I said, 'You're wrong, Justin.' He said, 'Nope, we have no trade deficit.' I said, 'Well, in that case, I feel differently,' I said, 'but I don't believe it.'" Trump said he asked an aide to check if he was correct in telling Trudeau the US runs a trade deficit with Canada. "I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, 'Check, because I can't believe it,'" Trump said. "'Well, sir, you're actually right. We have no deficit, but that doesn't include energy and timber. ... And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year.' It's incredible."

balewut

18. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Trump claims California is 'begging' for see-through border wall as he views prototypes

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-cl...h-border-wall-as-he-views-prototypes-11288845

The US President has retained his election commitment to build a wall along the California-Mexico border and went so far as to claim on Tuesday: "If you don't have a wall system, you won't have a country". While viewing prototypes for the wall, he said: "They have a lot of problems in Mexico, they have a lot of problems over there, they have the cartels. "We're fighting the cartels and we are fighting them hard, nobody fought them like we fought them. He added: "The state of California is begging us to build walls in certain areas, they won't tell you that, but we said no we won't do it until we build the whole wall. "There are certain areas where they are really wanting us to build a wall because people are complaining, people are pouring in." Speaking later at California's Marine Corps Air Station, the President suggested there could be a "space force" akin to the country's air force. He also said "very soon we're going to Mars", adding "you wouldn't even be thinking about it" if Hillary Clinton had won the 2016 presidential election.

balewut

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Guest

Russia Sends a Chilling Warning to America over Syria

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russia-sends-chilling-warning-america-over-syria-24908

Russia is warning the United States firmly that it will not tolerate attacks on its military forces in Syria. “If lives of the Russian officers are threatened, the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation will retaliate against missile and launch systems,” Gen. Valery Gerasimov, Russia’s chief of the general staff said. If U.S. forces intervene in Syria and hit uniformed Russian military forces, the Kremlin is basically warning the United States that it will hit back and that there will be a war. “A strike on Russian military forces means war, but also a strike near Damascus is likely to affect the Russian forces,” Vasily Kashin, a senior fellow at the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies at Moscow's Higher School of Economics told The National Interest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Part of the scenery Lunatic Fringe

I'm ready for Fallout 4. Need me a dog and power armor.