The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Television' started by huol, Jul 22, 2015.

1. First Blood

First Blood Guest

Nah, I don't mind it. The entire episode he looked like a deer in the headlights as Negan virtually raped him of his dignity. Jeffery Dean Morgan is the best part of the show this season.

2. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Part of the scenery

There were a few occasions when rick looked like he was going to flip his shit, that was interesting. As thing's go on it should ramp up the tension between them, i just hope they don't drag it out to long and this season doesn't end on some cliffhanger with rick saying they're going to war or some shit.

3. Kimarhi

Kimarhi Part of the scenery

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Kimarhi

Negan has more Jimmies to rustle, but in the comic that's pretty much how it goes down.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lucy The Alien

Lucy The Alien Part of the scenery

6. Kimarhi

some of this, yes

7. Shasvre

Shasvre Part of the scenery

8. Shasvre

9. Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum Moderator Staff Member Fence Sitter

Perfect casting, though I think the season petered out a bit and never really matched the intensity of the premiere. He's doing great with the material though.

10. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

Just 10 more seasons before ALL OUT WAR arc ends on TV.

11. Shasvre

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nightmare Asylum

Last night was the first decent episode of the season; first one that actually had any sort of focus or arc for its main character (Ezekiel here). Eps 1-3 were pretty garbage.

Not sure I'd still be watching this consistently the way I do if it wasn't something my dad and I have been watching together since the beginning. Though he isn't really liking this season all that much either. We're at around the point I completely gave up on the comics, too.

• Empathy Empathy x 2
  13. Alex_Murphy

Alex_Murphy Part of the scenery

I gave up at around episode 4 of season 7 when all it seemed anybody was doing was acting as neagans personal shopper, they really need to fire the showrunner. I also got sick and tired of all that slow motion shite underscored by sad piano or optimistic piano way back in series 4 as well.

14. Lucy The Alien

Lucy The Alien Part of the scenery

Just ignore it, it's not an interesting franchise anymore and hasn't been since around the end of TellTale's S1.

15. Nightmare Asylum

Season 4 was show's high point IMO. Post-Woodbury Governor finding his way again and his attack on the prison, the gang splitting up after the fall of the prison, "Look at the flowers," and the reunion at Terminus.

16. Firsty

Firsty Active Member

Yeah, this show pretty much went into the tank after Season 4. The stuff with the Governor was just fantastic. And currently it was Jeffery Dean Morgan who brought me back, but even then they don't show enough of him. For a show that's so serious 99% of the time, it was kinda refreshing to see Jeffery Dean Morgan ham it up in every scene. The character IS the Governor but with a cheese factor. This season is repeating the same beats in S3 and S4 and it's tiring to watch.

17. Nightmare Asylum

I feel like the boring war stuff is going to be done by midseason. When Negan winds up a prisoner of the group (and we probably get the time jump awkwardly teased in the premiere) I think things should hopefully shake up enough to become some degree of interesting again.

I'm still invested in some of the characters and whatnot, and sometimes there are instances of true greatness, but there is also some absolute shit as well.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Part of the scenery Lunatic Fringe

Shiva...
    [​IMG]

19. Firsty

Firsty Active Member

With the amount of shit Rick has gone through in seven seasons, he's only had one psychotic break. And that was when his dead wife was calling him on the telephone. Seriously - if this was reality this dude would be locked in a insane asylum with padded walls by now. Nobody can stand that much trauma and be mentally stable.