1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Video Games General

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by huol, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Part of the scenery Lunatic Fringe

Next month I'm gonna pick it up, all I've heard was great things about it.

• Spoopy Spoopy x 1
  2. Lucy The Alien

Lucy The Alien Part of the scenery Salt Lord

Witcher is good.

[​IMG]

3. Lucy The Alien

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. blacklabel

blacklabel Part of the scenery

Dont follow many youtubers or streamers.

Coworker was telling me last year
    about a popular local streamer and i "wait, wut?"

5. Lucy The Alien

Neither do I, just TBFP for lyfe. Accept no substitutes.

6. Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

Okay so Minecraft is less of a hassle when I'm less focused on building the perfect home and more focused on the journey.

I've built a simple underground base and a connected mining network, and at this point have some diamond stuff, an enchanting table setup, and a chicken egg farm (literally just stick a bunch of chickens into a hole, eggs drop into the hopper they stand on the hopper takes the eggs to the chest directly below, eggs fo days). I found a mob spawner and plan on making an XP farm so that I can more easily get some sweet enchantments.

Look forward to exploring totally new stuff like ship wreaks and underwater temples with killer fish, new biomes and expanded stuff like The End map which is huge now and has new stuff including new enemies and a floating ship where you have to go to find Elytra, a non-craftable item that let's you fly (would be interesting to to see how effective that would be in the Ender Dragon boss fight).

7. Crazy Rich

Minecraft

Used creative mode to build an experimental XP farm which after quite a few hours of work is a success, including the redstone circuitry portion from the simple lighting system to light up or darken the room to control mob spawning when I'm entering or leaving, to the relatively more complex mob softener which crushes mobs on a timer so that the crusher stops automatically when they are a one punch kill.

Now I know exactly how to make my design in my survival world, and this project has actually been satisfying so far.

8. Amaterasu

Far Cry 5

Was flying a plane when Jacob Seed's hunting party shot me out of the sky with a drugged arrow. I crashed and died. >:/

9. danklos

danklos Part of the scenery Furry

[​IMG]
    Oi bruv, we out here huntin' ass.

10. Crazy Rich

... fuck

I overlooked the fact that I need slime balls from slime mobs which my best bet of finding them are on a full moon which I must wait for so until then my XP farm cannot be finished (but I can work on it's lighting system).

I'm thinking though while I wait I will start a wheat farm that is inspired by my XP farm (the way enemies are funneled I could do the same with wheat by allowing it all to grow, then opening a piston operated flood gate that floods the wheat and funnels it all into a hopper leading into chests. With lots of wheat I can than use that wheat to get emeralds (trading currency with villagers) for days off the farmers then use those emeralds to buy harder to get things.

11. KNIGHT

KNIGHT Part of the scenery Global Surveillance Jet Plane

Reasons to play Warframe instead of Destiny, #1

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Amaterasu

I'm an ace helicopter pilot, but absolutely ass at flying planes in FC5. RIP my poor friends who want to do Co-Op.

13. Crazy Rich

So the new Aquatic update hit Minecraft and thank goodness I'm next to an ocean biome to see what's new because the oceans are actually, well, not dead as fuck, they are actually full of life now with new fish, dolphins, corals and kelp, shipwreaks with treasure and maps to buried treasure, and underwater ruins with more treasure and maps. Also new swimming animations and you can actually swim a lot faster in the place of sprint and get an even faster boost when the dolphins join you when you sprint.

14. KNIGHT

KNIGHT Part of the scenery Global Surveillance Jet Plane

...there are planes? What kind of planes? aidlol

15. Crazy Rich

Pokemon Crystal

I've defeated 3 of the Elite 4, and now just nee to defeat the 4th and then the Champion.

I've kinda fucked up in that I forgot to get Earthquake in the cave just before because it'd be super effective in a couple instances including Gengar in the next fight, but I'm just going to have to fight Gengar the harder way.

I'm enjoying it though as already all 6 of my Pokemon have had their moments to shine in this competition as I strive to deal as much super effective damage as possible - Vulpix, Ampharos, Lapras, Typhlosion, Donphan and Skarmory.

Next Dark type fight will probably need several of my Pokemon to pitch in, but in the last fight against Champion Lance and his Dragon types I'm just gonna put Lapras and Ice Beam to work and hope for the best.

• Spoopy Spoopy x 1
  16. Lucy The Alien

17. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

18. Crazy Rich

Minecraft

Managed to do a combination of exploring the seas and finding treasure in sunken ships, finding the fortress in the Nether world, and using splash potion of weakness/golden apples to cure a couple zombie villagers which most importantly I waited for a cleric zombie villager to spawn so I could cure him then eventually trade emeralds for eyes of ender which are super important for progressing in my quest, that was successful.

19. Crazy Rich

Pokemon Crystal

It is done, I am the new Pokemon Champion!

Fighting Lance I opened up with Ampharos to Thunderpunch Garydos and from there things got so intense. Lapras had the special attack advantage but was at a disadvantage in speed so they all kept getting the first hit and at one point had to revive Lapras. Everyone in my party had to fight.

It then came down to Lance's last Pokemon his lvl 50 Dragonite (for context my Lapras is lvl 42). I chose Ampharos to use Thunder Wave to help my Lapras get a speed advantage but Dragonite used Safeguard and I instantly knew what that mean as that is my Vulpix's own trick. Thunder Wave did nothing shortly after Ampharos went down. 2 Pokemon left I chose Typhlosion and succesfully used Leer before Dragonite used Hyper Beam and took Typhlosion down. Then with my last Pokemon I brought Lapras back out and I felt huge satisfaction when Dragonite was stuck on the recharge and Lapras used Ice Beam and Dragonite was one hit K.O'd and I won!

20. Lucy The Alien