1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Video Games General

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by huol, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Part of the scenery Lunatic Fringe

Wanna play Infamous Second Son so bad, but I'm stuck waiting for this 3 gb patch on a slow connection that doesn't speed up until Thursday. pepefuq

2. Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

I'm starting to use the youtube now to ensure my video clips can be seen as opposed to the other way I'd do it which has become unreliable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vepariga

Vepariga Part of the scenery

Playing some Sea Of Thieves (my chillout game) I saw a Galleon coming my way and I thought maybe they will continue on so i turned away but they followed me.
    I ended up turning towards them sharp and ramming, our ships locked and i could man a canon and fire two rounds into their hull before breaking off.
    I looked back as I got an achievement for sinking and i thought from two shots? No way. But i saw the MEG taking a bite out of them lol Kreygasm

Then the megalodon came my way but i sought refuge on nearby shores.

I also had a rather weird encounter, some ship was following me for a good while and i thought the fuck. So i hid behind a rock and dropped anchor and waited and the dude came around and stopped and said " im friendly im just a trader" lol
    He just wanted to trade shit but i had nothing so he gave me a box of sugar for the trouble zlol
    Then some other dude was on the same island and we had to lure him out because he thought we would fuck him up.

Helped him find some treasure and he was on his way, i then departed from trader dude and went on my way.

Then i ran into him again and hes like " i knew it was you!" He gave me all these chests and gunpower and then left before saying "..i love you " ridwow lmao

Christ this post went longer than I thought

4. Crazy Rich

War Thunder

Okay... I think the BF-109 (E-1) was made for me because I do pretty well with this thing while doing boom and zoom tactics.

Even got a double strike by diving down on one guy, then pulling up then using the momentum I still have to just come up fast on the second guy I gunned down on one pass.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  5. Crazy Rich

In War Thunder I've played the British, then the Americans, and now the Germans. As Germany I hope one day to get to the top tier Canadair CL-13 jet fighter (the Canadians took the American F-86 Sabre and just made it better particularly with a superior engine, the Avro Canada Orenda 3 on the Mk. 3, Orenda 10 on the Mk.5 which is in the game, and the Orenda 14 on the Mk.6) via the BF-109's/ME-262's path, and to the Leopard main battle tanks via the Panzer 4/Panther path.

But today I feel like trying out the Soviets next, I know at the least I'm gonna want a KV-2 because of that derp gun I enjoyed so much in another comparable game called World of Tanks.

6. Crazy Rich

Alright, there's a sale today and I want to try some new games because War Thunder's bullshrim is getting old real fast (seriously, how did I get insta-killed by a panzer who fired from fucking Mars and the shot just scraps over the crest of the hill and just managers to hit the very top of my turret in the replay clip?)

What are your guys thoughts on State of Decay 2, Far Cry 5, and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds?

7. Crazy Rich

I've been playing Battlegrounds and I like it, especially about the emphasis on survival rather than getting the most kills, because you think how your shot can give your position away to others.

It's rare you will be the soul survivor out of up to 100 players, but even just the top 10 I would consider to be awesome which I've done once, and dying in this game doesn't bother me too much which is nice I just kinda getta a thrill out of fighting for your life when someone's coming for you.

I will say I'm still learning the game as there's a steep learning curve, but I've accepted the challenge.

8. orchidal

orchidal Guest

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. orchidal

orchidal Guest

dizzy got a point tho...

10. Amaterasu

Felt good to smack around some cheats and tryhards on Uncharted. Honestly just on the long haul for RDR2 and TLOU 2. Once Read Dead and Spyro are out I'm gonna be off Uncharted for a while. bogslol

11. Crazy Rich

Just beat Far Cry 5 and...

What the fuck? That was a dark as fuck ending (resisted) and apparently that was the "best" ending. What is even more confusing to me is that when you go back into the game afterwards there isn't any nuclear wasteland yet the game acknowledges the Father was defeated (even though technically he isn't and he was fucking right all along). 2beornot2be

Other than that...

The game was really fun to play with some amazing moments and I'd recommend it.

12. orchidal

orchidal Guest

Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons again. Need new games.

13. Crazy Rich

Okay I think I understand the ending now after looking it up....

It was possible to end the game in the beginning but not arresting the Father and leaving and just going to the National Guard, that was the "happiest" ending. Regardless of what ending you got in the end it was already too late, playing the game, engaging, was the Father's plan of slowly turning you into the monster you become as you endured the trials of the Father's siblings, you are his creation that either resists and makes the end of the world prophecy come true after all or leave peacefully but is still indoctrinated before it cuts to black.

That more or less.

14. Amaterasu

I would play FC5 Co-Op with you Rich, but you're on Xbox. pepefuq

Replaying the campaign on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and I'm an emotional wreck right now. They always get me attached to characters before killing them off and I hate it.

15. orchidal

orchidal Guest

Junji Ito's World of Horror

• Like Like x 1
  16. Amaterasu

Playing Silent Hill: Homecoming again since I never got to finish it, and omg talk about getting mowed over by a nostalgia truck.

I also have the strongest urge to play Wolfenstein: The New Order and The New Colossus, so I got $48 I can blow off soon.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tbeasley

tbeasley Part of the scenery

18. Amaterasu

When will gaming companies realize some of us don't have the bandwidth to go completely digital.

• Empathy Empathy x 1
  19. KNIGHT

KNIGHT Part of the scenery Global Surveillance Jet Plane

When it stops making so much money.

• Empathy Empathy x 1
  20. Amaterasu

Getting cozy with the bow on MonHun this week, especially against that bulldozer Diablos. Also a fan of that attack that lets you shoot spiky metal balls into the air so they can rain down. I'm sure that attack has a name though.

Lotta LS users, trying to stay out of their way.