1. Orchidal's novella 'Liber Exuvia' is now available to order globally via Amazon. Printed and bound in paperback, the cover and layout were designed by Orchidal (Elytron Frass) himself. Support your local artists, order a copy today!

Video Games General

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by huol, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich Part of the scenery Suicide Squad

late 2018 and still no release date drp2cry

2. Crazy Rich

Reading more about the latest stuff on Bannerlord, it looks like they're doing away with the ability to build castles on villages and are just sticking with the old set in stone castles and their associated villages.

More exciting info is about managing your own dynasty and managing your own kingdom. At some point you can branch off from an existing clan in a faction and create your very own clan with you as it's leader. Also when it comes to kingdoms in Warband you only have 2 choices, join and serve an existing one or create and rule an entirely new kingdom of your own, in Bannerlord there is a confirmed 3rd option, to join an existing kingdom then maneuver your way through the political landscape as you grow your influence, and then one day you can take the existing throne for yourself, a great option if you want to be king but also like an existing faction enough. I can see people especially doing this with one of the 3 Empire factions, taking power from within then uniting the Calradic Empire (inspired by the Byzantine Empire) by finishing the 3 way civil war. I myself though am mostly looking forward to playing with the Battanians (inspired by the Celts), so perhaps I may one day see myself as their king?

That mentioned yes, I am most looking for to playing the Battanians, I'm interested not just in their faction but the challenges it comes with, being a smaller faction bordered by 4 enemies, The Northern Empire, the Western Empire, the Sturgions (inspired by medieval Scandinavia), and the Vlandians (inspired by medieval western Europe), with a troop tree that has exceptional bowmen and is built to excel at ambush tactics in their misty hills and forests. This faction will be a challenge I think, one I think that would easily be crushed by it's numerous hostile neighbors relying on A.I alone, but a rewarding experience when Battania is saved and even expanded by the efforts of a player.

3. tbeasley

tbeasley Part of the scenery

• Spoopy Spoopy x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ShadowPred

ShadowPred M.A.N.T.I.S. Staff Member Suicide Squad

That's pretty awesome.

5. Crazy Rich

Warband

Playing a newer game this playing a Mercenary/Kingdom of Nords play through, my character being named Ruiseart (Scottish Celtic for Richard, dat Bannerlord/Battania hype).

I am staying purely a Mercenary who came to Calradia via Sargoth in the Kingdom of Nords, in the early game surviving battles through individual prowess or avoiding battles all together, and saving money from attacking sea raiders, contracts in wars, and winning tournaments to buy enterprises and increase my weekly income. I've kept my troop count to a minimal, again relying on personal prowess, in order to save more and more money to buy up more enterprises. As a Mercenary I have served the Nords, Swadians and Vaegirs in different wars.

But I don't want to stay a Mercenary forever, I want to one day serve the Kingdom of Nords as a lord... but not under King Ragnar. I've taken contracts to fight against the Nords when they're winning and gaining territory, but taking contracts to defend the Nords when they are losing. But who I really want to serve is the claimant Lethwin Far-Seeker, the true king of the Nords. He is called Far-Seeker because he has traveled much and seen many things in search of knowledge, he takes the advice of his father the previous king who argues that if the Nords are to truly inherit the long lost Calradic Empire, they need the education and wisdom to be able to do so. As a university student at the time Lewthin sailed across the sea in further search of knowledge but the the king, his father, died. Lethwin was sailing back as rightful heir to the throne when a storm sunk his ship, Ragnar took this opportunity to make himself king saying saying Lethwin died (but also argues with you that Lethwin is too weak to be king, that the Nords need to be a warrior not a scholar, and argues that strength is above all else).

Now Lethwin Far-Seeker is back in Calradia not dead at all as Ragnar claimed which already puts his legitimacy in a negative light. Lethwin returns seeking to take the throne back by force which will mean civil war in the Kingdom of the Nords, but he needs someone to lead his cause, someone like myself. I am taking my time though, building an enterprise monopoly to be able to effectively fund a large army as we will start out alone, leveling up my companions for greater healing, training, scouting and engineering, and building relations with Nord lords who might join the cause (and more opportunities for raising relations as a mercenary).

When the time is right I will leave behind the mercenary life and see the rightful and enlightened king of the Nords sit of the throne and see Ragnar go into exile.

6. Crazy Rich

I'm actually doing pretty well as a mercenary player not belonging to any kingdom, considering with the income of my enterprises I'm making over 5000 denars a week even when paying wages for currently 10 Swadian cavalry, 20 Nord infantry and 20 Nord archers plus 5 companions.

I had a bit of an adventure though when under contract with Swadia against the Vaegirs, Dhirim was under siege and I defended it but despite making them bleed heavily I was left on an inch of health and the garrison was vastly outnumbered and so I eventually fell. I was in prison until I was able to bribe my way out and me and most of my companions escaped (all my troops gone though), but 2 companions were unaccounted for. One was knocked out and she was taken to the prison of a different castle while the 2nd was able to flee. I then tracked down my imprisoned companion, got a village with financial incentive to set a big fire as a distraction, then I sneaked into the castle and broke her out and then ran for the hills taking out some guards in the process. My final companion it was just a matter of meeting up in a tavern to reunite.

Later in the war with the Swadian army we got some pay back by retaking Dhirim and keeping it by wars end.

7. Firsty

Firsty Well-Known Member

Fuck.

I want to get Assassin's Creed Odyssey but Red Dead Redemption II is coming out in two weeks. I dunno what to do

8. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Part of the scenery Lunatic Fringe

RDR2

Back to playing Far Cry 5 because I need to add mods to the weapons I main before I tackle Infamous difficulty.

9. Crazy Rich

Wow, I've been playing Stardew Valley for so many hours while Red Dead Redemption 2 downloads.

It's only at 50%!

10. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Part of the scenery Lunatic Fringe

Yeah I gotta wait till launch date. Had something else lined up to buy but it will probably still be in stock when I come back to get it. I'm pissed off at "friends" from Uncharted 4 multiplayer, so I'm gonna be playing RDR2 for a long time and eventually get into that multiplayer with the few good friends I have on PSN.

11. Crazy Rich

RDR2 finally downloaded, expect a very long wait if downloading on launch, may not even be able to play for a couple days depending on your lifestyle (job, going out, sleeping in) because it took my yesterday and today to do it.

Now that you mention friends I was actually thinking that I'd perhaps be open to making new gaming friends through RDR2 providing quite the opportunity for it, I haven't played with anyone currently on my friend's list in ages and multiplayer experiences have felt kind of lonely lately, I certainly have never been invited to anything that's for sure, so making new xbox live friends might very well be good for me, a new experience.